NOW AUDITIONING FOR:
Frankenstein, the DIY Panto!
Annual Christmas Pantomime
Written by Linda Sharp
Directed by Becky Oben
Produced by Rosemary Hundal
– Sunday, September 8, 1:00 -3:00pm
– Monday, September 9, 7:30 to 9:30pm
– Call backs if needed – TBA
– In the Theatre at Hendry Hall, 815 11th Street East, North Vancouver
– No appointments necessary: first come, first served;
– Cold scene read from the script;
– Please come prepared to sing a simple song of your choice.
– September 17 to November 26;
– Sundays 1-4 pm, Tuesdays 6:45–8:45 pm, Wednesdays 6:45–9:00 pm.
– Not all performers will be required at all rehearsals
– Schedule conflicts will be accommodated as much as possible (with advance notice
– November 28 to December 16, 2019
– Performances take place Thursdays & Fridays @ 7 pm, Saturdays and Sundays @ 2 pm & 4 pm
Frankenstein’s castle is falling to pieces! A call goes out to Sherlock from Holmes on Homes, and his sidekick Dr. Watson to foil the evil contractor Strange Lestrange and his sidekicks Smash and Bash in a hilarious attempt to Make it Right!
– Non-Equity production
– Cast and crew will all be required to become paid up members of North Vancouver Community Players ($20 adults, $10 students and children)
– All roles are open to both male and female performers
– Performers of all ages are encouraged to audition.
Producer Anne Marsh (email@example.com) or 604-980-5552.
|The Do-It-Yourself Fairy||Sparkly, and pretty, with a mini glue gun on her belt, a bandoleer of glue stick refills and lots of tools. What makes her happy is making wishes come true. Good singing voice.|
|Dr F (Frankenstein)||Looks like a mad scientist, ‘cause that’s what he is. What makes him happy is making things in his lab. And Dame Dumpling!|
|Dame Dumpling||Looks like an Octoberfest waitress recently retired from Rugby. What makes her happy is making plans to marry Dr F. (the Dame is “traditionally” played by a man)|
|Igor, the Eternal Intern||Wears a robe. What would make him happy is job security.|
|The Creature||Cute but weird-looking lime green “Dog”. Has collar with lightning bolts. Makeup only on nose. What would make him happy is to make friends, and food, lots of food.|
|Strange Lestrange||Top hatted professional evil villain with moustache and long coat with coat tails. What makes him happy is making trouble.|
|Smash||Amateur level villain, unappreciated henchman of Lestrange. What makes him/her happy is making messes.|
|Bash||Goofy, also unappreciated henchperson of Lestrange. What makes him/her happy is making messes.|
|Sherlock Holmes/ Villager||Dressed as Sherlock Holmes, deerstalker, coat, pipe What makes him happy is solving mysteries. So then why did he stop? English accent a plus.|
|Dr. Watson||Dressed as Dr Watson. What makes him happy is making things work, fixing things. But now he is making a connection… English accent a plus, and sideburns!|
|Vampire Announcer/ Santa||An ability to do impersonations valuable. Wears different bits of costumes as appropriate.|
|Two Mice / Villagers||young folks being super cute. No mice ears when they are playing villagers. Ability to do basic dances steps helpful.|