Crimes of the Heart
Written by Beth Henley
Directed by /Tracy Labrosse
Co-Produced by Fran Heaney and Sue Worrow
– Sunday, December 3 – 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
– Monday, December 4 – 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
– Call backs: Sunday, December 10 – 7 pm
– In the Theatre at Hendry Hall, 815 11th Street East, North Vancouver
– (preview April 5) April 6-7, April 11-14 and April 18-21, 2018
A dark comedy. The Magrath sisters, Lenny, Meg and Babe, have not been the same since their mother hanged herself, along with her cat. When a family emergency reunites the sisters in their home town of Hazelhurst, Mississippi, past resentments bubble to the surface as the sisters are forced to cope with Babe’s latest incident. Theatre BC festival entry.
– Cold read from the script
– No scheduled appointments – first come first served
– This is a non-Equity production
– Please bring a résumé and headshot to the audition
– Cast members must become members of NVCP at the first rehearsal ($20 fee).
– Rehearsal schedule TBA after the play has been cast.
– This is NVCP’s entry into the Theatre BC Festival of Plays. One performance of the play will occur at the North Shore Zone Festival during the week April 30-May 4 at Presentation House Theatre and, if chosen as Best Production, a further performance will occur at Theatre BC’s Mainstage Festival in Vernon in July. If you have any concerns about the time commitment please discuss them with the Director at your audition.
|LENNY MCGRATH||30. Celebrating her 30th birthday, Lenny is the older sister to Meg and Babe. Maternal and responsible, she’s trying to keep things together. She’s lonely.|
|MEG MCGRATH||Mid-late 20s. Middle sister to Lenny and Babe. She was wild in high school, and left for California to pursue her singing career.|
|BABE BOTRELLE||Mid 20s. The youngest of the McGrath sisters. She’s maybe a little crazy, but sweet.|
|CHICK BOYLE||30s. First cousin to the McGrath sisters. She exudes a superficial Southern charm. Self-absorbed, obsessed with appearances.|
|DOC PORTER||30s. Meg’s ex-boyfriend. Recently returned to Hazelhurst, he is married (to a Yankee!) with children.|
|BARNETTE LLOYD||Mid 20s. Babe’s lawyer. He’s bright and ambitious, working his first real case. He knows how to hold a grudge, and he believes in revenge.|
***ALL AUDITIONEERS – PLEASE NOTE***
Auditions are open to everyone, however, preference will be given to existing members of the North Vancouver Community Players (NVCP).
Successful auditioneers must become members of NVCP prior to first rehearsal.